The flagship project of KASE is the Centre of Excellence in Construction and Infrastructure by the name Indian Institute of Infrastructure and Construction (IIIC). Established in a 9 acre state-of the-art campus at Chavara, Kollam District, Kerala, the objectives of IIIC are broadly to:
• Establish a world class Skill Centre, as centre of excellence, for imparting international quality skill sets to the personnel in construction industry of all cadres, right from the labourers to the top managerial personnel under three major categories viz., technician, supervisory and managerial categories.
• Maximize the reach of the Skill Centre in terms of capacity intake as well as sub sectors covered and the area of reach.
• Obtain high recognition for the courses of the Skill Centre across the globe
• Ensure maximum employment through linking the courses with employment wide industrial tie ups
• Offer courses in emerging areas of skill development and entrepreneurship
The campus was dedicated to the State by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri. PinarayiVijayan on 23.07.2018.
As the initial phase, the following 7 courses will commence classes by first week of October at IIIC
|1||1 (Technician level)||1. Certificate in Painting & Finishing Works
2. Advanced Certificate programme in Bar-bending and Steel fixing
3. Advanced Certificate in Housekeeping
|2||2 (Supervisor level)||1. Advanced Certificate programme in Plumbing engineering|
|3||3 (Managerial level)||1. PGD in Urban Planning and Architecture
2. PGD in Advanced Construction Management
3. Graduateship programme for Engineering graduates