Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (2016 - 2020) is a modified and improved version of PMKVY 2015-2016. It is the flagship outcome - based Skill Training Scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). This Skill Certification Scheme aims to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood.
PMKVY 2.0 has two components: Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed (CSCM) and Centrally Sponsored State Managed (CSSM). National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is the implementing agency of the (CSCM) Component of PMKVY and KASE being the State Skill Development Mission of Govt. of Kerala is the implementing agency of the Centrally Sponsored State Managed (CSSM) Component of PMKVY in Kerala.
The following are the objectives of this Scheme:
• To encourage and promote Skill Development for the youth throughout the country by aligning itself with the Common Norms guidelines.
• Enable and mobilize a large number of youth to take up industry designed quality skill training, become employable and earn their livelihood.
• Increase productivity of the existing workforce, and align skill training with the actual needs of the country.
• Encourage standardization of the certification process and put in place the foundation for creating a registry of skills.
• Benefit 10 million youth over the period of four years (2016- 2020).
Components of PMKVY 2.0:
1. Short Term Training
2. Recognition of Prior Learning
3. Special Projects
Currently State Skill Development Missions are entrusted to implement the Short Term Training component only.
Interested and eligible agencies are requested to visit notification tab in the KASE website for updates on the upcoming Expression of Interest (EoI) for the empanelment of Training Providers to undertake project under CSSM component of PMKVY.
PMKVY Guidelines: http://www.pmkvyofficial.org/Guidelines.aspx
Guidelines for Accreditation, Affiliation and Continuous Monitoring of Training Centers : http://smart.nsdcindia.org/knowledge_bank.aspx
KASE - Centrally Sponsored State Managed Component of PMKVY in Kerala target allocation - Order issued Reg. : View Attachment